Tuesday, June 21, 2005

yay for finnish laziness!

ok, let me be all patriotic and shit for a lil while longer. just a lil while.

i'm going to eastern finland for mid-summer and thought that it might be an idea to buy tickets beforehand. just in case mid-summer's eve got rather busy on the trains.

i thought that i'd have to drag my arse to the ticket office to buy it, but no. the website of the national railway company is fucken fantastic. i could type in the trip i wish to make straight away on the index page, then it gave me several options to choose from and after i found the one i liked, i could buy (with an option to use more than 5 different methods of paying) and get this: print out the ticket myself after paying! no queuing what so ever. i got my tickets in less than 5 mins with no hassle at all. fucken fantastic.

mind you, the quality of the service means that the prices are fucken ridiculous. 4 hrs on the train, one way costs me abt 45€!

i feel raped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been taken for a ride.
I know you will deny it but this proves you are easy to train.

Kiwi

Boom Boom!