Thursday, July 28, 2005

bob flanagan does poetry

a comment on my previous post got me thinking abt poetry again. it made me remember my favourite bob flanagan one. i've prolly posted this already ages ago, but i just really like it...

#1
i’ve been a shit and i hate fucking you now
because i love fucking you too much;
what good’s the head of my cock inside you
when my other head, the one with the brains,
keeps thinking how fucked up everything is,
how fucked i am to be fucking you and thinking
these things which take me away from you
when all i want is to be close to you
but fuck you for letting me fuck you now
when all that connects us is this fucking cock
which is as lost inside you as i am, here,
in the dark, fucking you and thinking - fuck,
the wallpaper behind you had a name,
what was it? you called it what? herringbone?
-bob flanagan

No comments: