Sunday, September 26, 2004

yay for caffeine od!

i was able to come up with an image after all... not so sure if it's a good one, but at least i have something to move on with now.


part 2 of "for once, one knob is better than two"
a combination of screen printing and reduction lino cut
designed to be folded horisontally in five parts
and to be inserted inside the "
tap book"

at some point the frustration with double knob taps turned into urinal portraits of the men in my past and present life. the first four prints are men from my past and the fifth still remains without a label.

  • cyan = a laid back, soothing and wonderful person who balanced me out and made me happy
  • magenta = a passionate drama queen who turned me on but also pissed the shit out of me
  • yellow = a best friend bf who showed me the world
  • white = a cold and distant person who i failed to connect with
  • CMYK = a very interesting someone who i haven't quite yet figured out

so there they are, the five men that are somehow connected to the person i am today, turned into kitsch urinals.

i'm thinking about changing the title of the project from "for once, one knob is better than two" into "maybe once one knob could replace a few"?

2 comments:

tony82 said...

Hmmm... Are all men in your life gonna be liked to urinals?? Interesting... :P

konus said...

I like your art. Your caffeine inspire me!

Good Works!... Brain Works!