Thursday, September 16, 2004

phew!

just had the scare of the year. nope, make that the scare of the decade.
i installed [insert yet another audio editor here] on my comp and it demanded for a reboot. as i said "yes, go ahead dear", it happened: my baby refused to start up(!!!) and i saw my entire life flashing in front of my eyes as i prepared to slit my wrists.
it took about seven or eight reboots with different options to get my baby purring like a kitten again and during those agonising minutes i got an only too vivid reminder of how dependent i am of this bloody thing. nearly my whole life is inside those damn metal covers! all my uni work including gawd knows how many thousand words of essays, all my video works, all my documentation, everything. not even mentioning my personal shit like my 12 gig photo album!
i seriously need to scrape up some money and buy a second hard drive as a backup.

No comments: