Thursday, April 07, 2005

crappy finn?

my finnish must suck big time.

apparently there's a conference involving half a bus load of finns right next door to where i work and my dear countrymen bombarded the centre again last night.

anyway, i did the usual "reply in finnish when they come to buy a stamp for their card home" trick, but the last customer kinda freaked me out. after i replied to him in finnish, he starts talking retarded finnish to me!

"sina - puhut - oikein - hyvaa - suomen - kielta. - muuttivatko - vanhempasi - tanne - kun - olit - pieni?" (you - speak - very - good - finnish. - did - your - parents - move - here - when - you - were - little?")

i mean... wtf? has my finnish deteriorated so much, that i don't pass as a proper native speaker anymore? i do admit that switching between the two languages is not that easy anymore, but it's my fucken language!

that bloody tourist freaked me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He must have read your blog before his trip, so he was prepared! :-)