Thursday, April 03, 2008

Superficial update: foundation

Now that my nail polish issues have been solved I can focus to the next problem area in my cosmetics routine: foundation.

See, my previously problem free Scandinavian skin doesn't appreciate the Australian climate quite as much as my soul does.



My skin can't really handle sweating in the humid environment and I get instant issues if I even show any other products than Aesop's Oil Free Facial Hydrating Serum to my face.

***

Make-up-wise this is not such an issue, as I don't like wearing foundation unless I absolutely have to... though I would like to be able to doll up full on glam without having to deal with the consequences for the next week or so!

However, where this sensitivity does create a major problem is sun protection. I don't even want to think what would happen if I'd apply sun lotion on my face. That'd be a full blown drama!

So this far I've been forced to go without any foundation or sun protection what so ever. Which is really not kosher.

***

Lately a few of my friends have been raving on about mineral foundations, and that made me curious if it could solve my issue.

I stumbled into an article about i.d. Bare Escentials products and based on what I've read so far, they seem to be Rolls Royce of mineral make-up.

Not only is their mineral foundation free of preservatives, oil, fragrance, binders, talc and other chemicals, but its also SPF15! Bonus.

I couldn't find any stockists in Sydney who still had the starter kit left in store, so I just had my colour tested and found the same package from an online store that delivers to Australia. Now I'm just eagerly waiting for my parcel to arrive.

I will keep you posted once I get to try the product in action.

***


Since I wasn't able to find the special promotion I was after from any Sydney store, I had to pamper myself with something... right?

So I found this cute lil Smoky Eyes make-up set by the same brand. The consistency is absolutely weightless and it feels like I've got nothing on! The colour just seems to blend with my skin seamlessly and looks so very soft, natural and sexy. Love it!

Now who's going to treat me like a princess if I won't do it myself? I do love my guilty little pleasures...

No comments: