Monday, August 29, 2005

whinge

grah. look, i love sydney. i love new south wales and i love the whole friggen country.

so don't you fucken dare to read this entry as a whinge and bitch about how everything is so much better back home. ok? good. now you may continue reading.

at the moment i prefer this place over finland any day. don't get me wrong, finland's great too. for one month a year. the rest i can happily skip.

HOWEVER, some things in this country are just so incredibly illogical that it shits me to tears.

today, i wanted to pay my rent and my internet bill. sounds simple, right? wrong.

i rock up at the bank to transfer the rent money to my landlord's account. i queue up to the counter, only to hear that i need to walk back outside to get the cash out from the atm, or she'd be forced to charge me $2 for the transfer. ok. fine. i thought it would be a lot easier for her to handle numbers on screen instead of cash, but clearly i was wrong. out i go, only to find the atm's out of service. so back in, queue again and pay the bloody $2 fee. grh.

then she starts telling me off that actually the landlord's account is a special kind of an account and normally i wouldn't be able to deposit money on it. silly bridget! i thought accounts were meant for money to be both deposited to and withdrawn from them. clearly i was wrong. again.

this time she'd do the transfer for me but the next time i'd have to go to the grocery store next door to make the deposit. oh, that makes sense: i can't deposit money to an account at a bank, but i can at a grocery store.trippy shit.

then i try to pay my internet bill. but oh no, of course i don't pay bills in a bank. nono. to pay bills, i go to the post office. i mean. what the fuck?

is it just me, or does this all seem just a lil bit illogical?

if i pay bills at the post office and deposit money at the grocery store, what the fuck do we need the banks for?

No comments: