Thursday, August 17, 2006

bloody gadgets

well, there's one night of my life that i'll never get back.

as i've been ranting apleanty already, i bought a macbook. since i already have a desktop pc, this is the second computer in my lil bachelorette pad and of course both of my babies need to be online.

i walked into this computer store near my work and asked for a router. the response was a blank stare. after a very meaninful silence the guy behind the counter goes 'sorry, i don't mean to be sexistic, but its not often that a lady walks in and asks for something like that...' managing to swallow my annoyance, i eventually walked out of the store with a router.

as soon as i got home, the trouble started. i couldn't get the bloody thing working. i know i'm no tech head, but i'm not that much of an airhead either and that fucken piece of shit was driving me insane. at the end of a very fucken annoying fight, i gave up only to realise that i can actually hook up both of my babies to the adsl2+ modem that i had. silly bridget.

even tho i got my money back the next day as i returned the router, i did have to pay a very high price: i had to play the dumb lil woman role complete with the '...i'll just stick to my lip gloss from now on and leave this tech stuff to men...' line.


*growl*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you shouldn't have returned that router, there's always use for them sooner or later. I have three wireless routers and two switches just for myself... And they're all needed!

tp said...

mate, when i'm on a salary like yours instead of being a full-fucken-time student, i'll consider colecting useless gargets. you know, just in case i might need them one day. but right now, i also like the idea of occasionally eating something...