Sunday, January 01, 2006

UPDATE: challenged

maurelita challenged me to reveal my shoeboxes.



50 pairs of shoes*:
  • 40 pairs of high heels
  • 33 pairs of stiletto heels
  • 17 pairs that i wear almost weekly
  • 15 pairs of black shoes
  • 7 pairs of red shoes
  • 6 pairs of classic pumps
  • 6 pairs of wedges
  • 5 pairs of sneakers
  • 5 pairs of thongs
  • 5 pairs of 40's style classic lady pumps
  • 1 pair of cfm** boots
  • 1 pair that is not uncomfortable/painful to wear (=my dear runners)
r.i.p. 7 pairs that i have trashed beyond repair.

(* this is only the shoes that i have with me here in sydney.

when i arrived here 3 yrs ago i had 3 pairs of shoes with me. the rest have accumulated since. there is also a secondary collection in finland, but that is hardly up to date and most likely assimilated into my mum's shoe collection by now...)

(** cfm boots = come fuck me boots)

9 comments:

Soon said...

How do you say bye to the trashed and departed?

tp said...

cry my lil eyes out...

Anonymous said...

WTF. I've got three pairs of shoes and my dear kitten slippers. And I'm doing just fine.

Some women are weird.. :) but it's nice to see it's ok to like something really, REALLY much.

tp said...

wow.

that must have been the most short lived, poorly aimed and definitely most poorly spelled burst of rage ever to hit my poor lil blog.

quite entertaining really. thanks for that mate.

mind you bunnies, i'm quite surprised that a few pairs of shoes accompanied with a couple of oscar wilde quotes could inspire that. read on mate, there's better material to rage on in the past...

tp said...

ummm... did i already mention poorly spelled? i think i did. i mean, i must have.

Anonymous said...

Ok ok ok, "chapeau" for such an accurate blog title !

=D

With respect from Paris...

Anonymous said...

5 pairs of thongs..
so down-under that it is just lovely! ;)

tp said...

you gotta try to blend in mate ;)

Anonymous said...

There's something you don't have: big fat ugly pair of shoes ment to be used as a doorstoppers- or a lifesavers when one goes out for a nice 2hrs stand in a snow with two rascals that "want to do it just one more time, moooooom!"- and it's not anything nice most of the time.
I'm so blessed, yeah. ;)
But I do have too much shoes too, even if there's not such a thing if I dare to ask you, I bet.