Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sick as a bloody dog

[insert here sniffles and sneezes]

Here I am, sitting all rugged up under our lovely new thick doona, too awake to sleep and too sick to do anything. In other words a perfect opportunity for whinging on my blog. Especially since I already got told off for being so bloody slack lately...

*sniffles*

I got sick yesterday and had to leave work early. I crawled straight into bed and disappeared under the doona to get some well needed rest.

Deviant got home some time after me. He was ranting on the phone to one of his fishing club mates, obviously too distracted to notice my bags on the floor or me in the bed. '...yeh I have a few hours work to do for the club tonite... ...nah mate, I'm all prepared this time: I bought her a pair of pearl earrings... ...that's it mate, I can just bribe her off when she starts carrying on!'

Right. Now just hand me the bloody earrings, or do I need to start carrying on first?

It takes a man to nearly stuff up such a beautiful gesture. I mean, what could be more romantic than a surprise pressie?

Despite the minor glitch in the delivery, I do love my beautiful new pearl earrings! The man had them specially made for me by my favourite jeweller and they match my gorgeous pearl necklace perfectly. I will have to post a picture when I get well enough to leave the house and get a chance to wear them for the first time.

*sniffles*

Luckily I have all three seasons of Black Books & two seasons of The L Word to keep me company.

Now excuse me while I crawl into a corner and die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More like it. Get well.
=)