Sunday, July 02, 2006

closure?

i don't know how long you've been reading my rants bunnies, but there was something in the past that was draggin along for quite a while. in this case i'm referring to mr. pinstripe.

it was abt two years ago. we went on a few dates and it was fantastic, but it never really took off. instead it was just dragging along for a year after which i got the shits and called it off. even though we remained friends afterwards, there hasn't been any contact for more than half a year.

since there was never really a beginning, there was never really a proper end either. it was a difficult one to put behind me since i always felt that there was no closure.

well, just recently i was walking home from work and even though he hadn't visited my mind recently, walking past his old work place reminded me of him. and suddenly i realised that it was up to me to bring in the closure i had missed for so long after him. that i didn't need his input for it. and just as soon as i realised it, i found myself reaching for my phone and deleting his number. a small gesture but i guess symbolically quite significant.

deviant deserves a clean table. it is up to me to drop my baggage so that i can give the best of me to him.

speaking of which... it has been exactly 5 months since we met. scary hey?

No comments: