Tuesday, March 07, 2006

endearing habits

you know the way some silly lil details remind you of someone? and how those silly lil details are likely to be what you remember these people by after a decade or few passes?

lighters.

deviant is a smoker. i'm not. while i'm not overly impressed by this bad habit of his, pretty much every one smokes so i've leaned to be tolerant towards it.

what i find highly adorable however, is the way deviant *always* leaves a lighter behind at my place. ever since the very first time we met, there has been a lighter of his left behind at my place.

at first it was always on the floor next to my bed. but after the first week or so, it found it's place on one particular shelf on my bookcase. the lighter itself changes nearly every visit. but there is always a lighter.

first one was a typical bright red bic lighter. it told me that the boy liked his beer. and opened them using his lighter.

today, it's a light orange one. left there to wait for me to see him again. as silly as it is, it makes me smile every time i walk past and notice it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so very beautiful little story..
made me smile big time!

Anonymous said...

so very beautiful little story..
made me smile, again!