Thursday, December 29, 2005

reading to relieve boredom

the good thing abt being bored shitless is that i finally have had the time to bury my nose in a book for good.

recently i've been reading michel houellebecq. recommended by the frenchman of course. i started with atomized and just finished reading platform. quite enjoyed both really. brilliantly depressive.



atomized even lend me a quote for my grad show work:

"the story of a life can be as long
or as short as the teller wishes."

today, over lunch, i was whinging to sunshine that i had run out of books to read and didn't know what to get my hands on next. he dragged me straight to a bookshop, bought a copy of oscar wilde's the picture of dorian gray and handed it to me saying: 'read that.'

righti-o. can't really argue that, now can i?

what i really want to get my hands on is irvine welsh tho. mebbe after this one...

2 comments:

Daniel Green said...

I'm currently reading trainspotting. It's fantastic. Believe it or not, I've never actually seen the film [this is technically true, I watched it quite drunk, and only remember what happens in the end :|].

Anyway, I can lend it to you if you like. Consider it thanks for use of your dvd player, and for piking out on your birthday.

Not really much of an exchange is it? You can still borrow the book though.

tp said...

thanks daniel, i'd love to borrow that one!

i've sorta seen the movie too... a few times in fact, but my ever so efficient attempts to search and destroy brain cells using alcohol have made sure that i can only recall a few isolated scenes out of the entire flick.

neat trick actually: i can watch a movie for the first time over and over again!