Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Too bloody hectic!

Bunnies, I feel like I haven't had a chance to just sit down and catch my breath for a week!

***

The blues gig last Thursday was fantastic! One of the coolest gigs I've ever seen.

First Keb' Mo' did the uber-charming black man with his guitar thing for about an hour and then Buddy Guy (in his bloody 70s!!!) absolutely rocked the house! His energy was just unbelievable and from the word go, he owned the crowd and kept everyone mesmerised all the way through.

The icing on the cake was when Keb' Mo' joined him on stage for the rest of the gig.

Awesomeness.

***

We spent last w/e up the coast at Forster enjoying the fantastic weather as well as the beautiful scenery. Deviant somehow convinced me on joining him fishing on Sunday and was able to drag me out of bed at 4am. It did pay off tho as we enjoyed a show of dozens of dolphins passing by all day long.


Right before we were about to leave about a dozen dolphins appeared right in front of us and spent about a quarter of an hour just playing around and performing just a few meters from us. It was incredible and definitely made my day worth the early wake up.

***

Last night was Ozzy. Which was fucken hilarious.

I swear, the place was bogan-ville galore! Everyone was severely style challenged, overweight, unattractive and not quite there upstairs.

It made me all sentimental about the years I spent in Penriff... How I miss those muffin tops and the teen mums with their screaming double prams. Those were the days. *sigh*

Ozzy was an endearing and entertaining geriatric old fart with manboobs and a beer gut. The real cock on stage was Zakk. No doubt about it. He's a certified Sex God[tm].

***

Tomorrow we're heading up the coast again to Newcastle for an Easter bender. Bring it on.

No comments: